Tuong dau phong: peanut dipping sauce
A peanuty dipping sauce for salad rolls.
(aka tương đậu phọng)
This is a peanuty sauce that goes well with gỏi cuốn (normally insofar as I know, gỏi cuốn are served with a heavy nước lèo sauce, which involves other things. I’m not yet very clear on what yet, research is ongoing). But as a handy replacement, this isn’t half bad. Very very peanuty (the alternate recipe I had for this involved hoisin and was very sweet, but I find the gỏi cuốn go better with peanuty), and the H’s new dipping sauce favourite. Who knew he liked peanuts quite so much…
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons warm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon hoisin
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of half a lime
- Chillies, to taste
- Crushed peanuts, to taste
- Mix the water with the peanut butter until the obtention of a thick paste.
- Add sugar, hoisin, soy sauce and the lime juice.
- Mix in chillies and crushed peanuts.