Pasta, pumpkin, sausage
So, I had all this leftover pumpkin I wasn’t quite sure what to do with: turns out there’s a great recipe for this. Recipe adapted from Wandering Chopsticks’s Pumpkin Cream Penne with Italian Sausage. Except no cream (lactose intolerance, yay), and er, no Italian sausage either.
- 160g dried pasta
- 4 chipolata sausages (around 160g), or pork sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- Fennel seeds and thyme
- 500g pumpkin
- Sage/parsley and parmesan, for garnish
- Chop the sausages into slices.
- Cook the pumpkin in boiling water until soft. Rinse and crush into soft, small bits.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat, fry the garlic until fragrant (30s). Then add the sausages, the fennel and the thyme and fry until cooked.
- Cook the pasta in boiling water. Drain. Then add the pumpkin and pasta in the pan, and toss until well mixed.
- Garnish with parmesan and sage/parsley, and serve.