Lardons, goat cheese and olive loaf
A nice loaf for buffet food, or for feeding lots of people at once.
The lardons-cubes-goat-cheese-olive loaves I made yesterday actually turned out pretty good, and I’ve had people ask me for the recipe, so here goes…
- 150g flour
- 3 eggs
- 100g grated cheese
- 12.5cl milk
- About 10cl oil
- 1 dose baking soda (11g)
- 100g goat cheese, cut into small pieces
- 100g lardon cubes
- Pinch of salt, pinch of pepper
- Sliced green olives (optional, I used about 8-12)
- Fry the lardons cubes in a pan until they're cooked. Drain them to get rid of the fat, and set them aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the milk, the oil, the 3 eggs and the grated cheese. Mix until well-blended.
- Add the goat cheese and the lardons cubes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put in a tin, and set to bake in the oven for 40 minutes at 180°C.
- Remove from the tin and set to cool.