Aka gà xào xoài cà chua, what to do when you’re in a hurry and only have a handful of leftover fruit in the basket… Inspired by Wandering Chopsticks’ mango chicken, except I didn’t have bell peppers…
Ga xao xoai ca chua (mango and tomato chicken)
Author: Aliette de Bodard
Recipe type: Main
A nice and fruity dish for summer
- 200g chicken breast
- 1 large ripe mango
- 3 tomatoes
- Fish sauce
- Cut the chicken breast into small pieces. Put a few dashes of fish sauce (around 1-2 teaspoons, enough to give a little taste but not overwhelming). Marinate while you cut the mango.
- Peel the mango and cut into bite-size pieces. Cut the tomatoes into eighths.
- In a wok on medium heat, cook the chicken until it’s done. Then add the mangoes, cook until they are charred and have released some of their juices (but are not mushy).
- Add the tomatoes. Cover for 1 minute or so. Uncover: the tomatoes should be a bit wrinkled.
- Serve with rice.
- Dui ga sa: lemongrass chicken thighs
- Ga kho gung: braised chicken with ginger
- Ga hap rau ram: steamed chicken with Vietnamese mint