Aka nấm xào dầu hào, mushrooms pan-fried in oyster sauce. This was basically my lazy dish for yesterday night, taken from Irene Kuo’s Key to Chinese Cooking and slightly adapted to what I had on hand (the original recipe mixed straw and button mushrooms, and also undercooked a little more than this, but I was peeling a grapefruit at the time and forgot to take the mixture off the heat…)
- 500g button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Julienne the mushrooms.
- In a frying pan on high heat, put some oil, the garlic, and fry until fragrant (30s).
- Add the mushrooms, leave on high heat for a few minutes until they start to reduce. Add the oyster sauce plus soy sauce, mix well. Stir for a minute.
- Add the sesame oil, cornstarch and water; boil until cornstarch thickens. Mix gently to coat mushrooms in glistening sauce. Wait a minute.
- Serve hot.
- Baby bok choy in oyster sauce
- Ga xao dam gung sa: chicken with lemongrass and macerated ginger
- Thit xot chua ngot va vai: sweet and sour pork with lychees