So, as some of you might know, I’m leaving for my honeymoon in a bit more than two weeks. The catch is that the BF/H took the matter very much to heart, and that the destination itself is going to remain a complete surprise until the day we board the plane.
As some of you might also know, my first novel, the Aztec noir fantasy Servant of the Underworld, will be released in the US and Canada on October 26th, in a little more than a month. I’ve always said I was going to do a competition to celebrate the release, but I had no idea what it could be about.
Well, now I’ve got the perfect idea. Take a stab at where you think I might be headed, and get a chance to win a copy of Servant of the Underworld and awesome Aztec swag.
Here are the rules:
- The contest will be open from now until October 9th. You may enter by leaving a comment either at my main website, or at the LJ mirror.
- Prizes are as follow:
- First Prize: A signed copy of Servant of the Underworld, an Aztec Fifth Sun coaster, and a nifty SoU bookmark.
- Runner-Up Prize: a SoU bookmark, and a signed copy of the February 2010 Asimov’s issue, which contains my alt-hist short story “The Wind-Blown Man”.
There you go–have fun!
PS: I don’t ask for this often, but if you feel like signal boosting… It’s going to be much funnier for me and everyone else if we have enough entries.
I’ll post pictures of the coaster once I get home. It’s simili-stone with a Fifth Movement Glyph, very pretty. Picture posted.
- And the winner is…
- D-1: competition, with Aztec cuisine!
- Announcing the results of the Great Honeymoon Competition